Discover Battambang the second largest city of Cambodia, depart from Siem Reap to Battambang province. Begin your day with a sightseeing tours around Battambang along the Steung Sangké river and visit the city of Battambang's elegant French architecture. Ride a bamboo train through the region's rice paddies and discover pretty villages after that head to the hilltop temples of Phnom Banan and Phnom Sampov to see Cambodia's Killing Caves and still contain unexpected reminders of Cambodia's horrific Khmer Rouge regime.
- Private full day tours from Siem Reap with professional English speaking tour guide
- Informative commentary of Cambodia’s past from an insightful personal guide
- Snap photos of the famous destination of Battambang, Bamboo train, Phnom Banan, Phnom Sampov and more
- Travel by private comfortable air-con vehicle
On the morning after breakfast to hotel transfer to explore Battambang, it is Cambodia's second-largest city and the capital of Battambang Province, which was founded in the 11th century. It is the former capital of Monton Khmer and lies in the heart of the Northwest of Cambodia. Until the war years, in which almost every infrastructure was destructed it was the leading rice-producing province of the country. Ride bamboo train is one of the world's all-time classic rail journeys and then continue to visit Damrey Sor Pagoda, Phnom Banan, Phnom Sampov and The killing caves of Phnom Sampeau are a Khmer Rouge execution site on Phnom Sampeau, a hill southwest of Battambang in western Cambodia. The Khmer Rouge killed their victims on top of the cave at the rim of a daylight shaft or ceiling hole and then threw the dead body into the cave. Men and women were placed in separate caves and clothes in another. There are a number of caves at Phnom Sampeau that have traditionally served as Buddhist temples. Today there is a large glass memorial in the cave next to the skulls and bones and a golden reclining Buddha that can be reached via a staircase and after that transfer back to hotel in Siem Reap.
Tours package included
- Pick-up & Drop-off at your Hotel ( please provide us your hotel name and hotel address )
- Professional English Speaking License Tour Guide
- All entrance fees for tours sites as mentioned in itinerary
- All private transfer by luxury air-con vehicle
- Services charge and current government VAT tax
Tours Package Excluded
- All other accounts are not mentioned in the above inclusion
- Tip for tour guide and driver